WHAT IS FILINVEST’S “SEAL OF BUHOS TIBAY“?
1. DESIGN OF STRUCTURE
- The structural design or strength of the house is evenly distributed into the surrounding walls connected to its foundation. This design better protects against strong wind or horizontal earth movement.
- Construction under this design is easier and faster to implement compared to the conventional “beams and columns” method.
2. LAND PREPARATION.
- We make sure that the house stands in a firm ground. The foundation normally stands below the natural grade or in an engineered-filled land preparation;
- Next, we treat the soil against “anay” or termite infestation to make sure that any existing termites are eliminated and to prevent future termite infestation.
3. CONSTRUCTION METHODOLOGY
- Construction methodology of the wall uses “form works” or “cast in place” system.
- After all the plumbing and electrical connections are installed, a steel or wooden form is put into place, in preparation for the concrete pouring of the walls or flooring.
- The form system also makes the finishing of the concrete wall (both interior and exterior of the house) almost perfectly flat. This makes finishing and painting of the wall aesthetically presentable.
- For consistency of quality, concrete being poured into the wall and flooring comes from a delivered concrete mixer instead of the traditional mixing of cement by laborers.
4. QUALITY TESTING OF MATERIALS USED
- Steels used in the structure are required for laboratory testing with a certification that the correct size of steel were used and that the steel installed meets the minimum required strength of grade 40 (for 10mm and 16mm size).
- Concrete poured into the wall and flooring are also required for laboratory testing with a certification that the concrete meets the minimum of required strength of 3,000 psi for (affordable and mid-end; 2,500 psi for socialized housing).
5. CONSTRUCTION MONITORING
- Filinvest assigns a Project Engineer to monitor every stage ofhouse construction including the land preparation;
- Every labor and materials installed are being monitored by an independent Project Account assigned in each project to ensure that the quantity of the materials used are not shortchanged.
- An independent Quality Assurance department from our Head Office conducts inspection on the houses being constructed to make sure it is built with quality and according to specifications.
Therefore, the seal of “buhos tibay” is not simply cement or concrete.
It is a time-tested construction process of Filinvest, which was honed through years of experience in building thousands of houses.
It starts from the (1) structural integrity of the design, (2) the proper preparation and treatment of the soil, (3) the quality of materials used (4) the proper construction methodology and (5) timely delivery of house.